We love AirPods, for good reason. It has great sound quality, decent battery life, sleek and stylish design and many more. Apple AirPods are our daily companion. It enhances the talking and listening experience of the users.
That’s why they are constantly used. If either of your AirPods die faster, it can be problematic and frustrating. It can limit your AirPods usage. That’s why you need to know what can be done to fix the issue.
This article will talk about the possible reasons behind one of your earbuds dying fast and provide solutions to the issue. Let’s get started.
One earbud dying faster- how to fix it
There may be various reasons behind this. If one method does not fix your problem, try another one. Hopefully, one of the methods will fix your problems.
Method 1: Updating the firmware version of your AirPods
- Go to the Settings app from your iPhone and open the Bluetooth settings. Alternatively, you can access it from the Control Center.
- Navigate the Bluetooth menu and find your AirPods from the available devices’ list.
- Tap on the ‘i’ button next to the name of the device.
- Check the firmware version of the AirPods. If a new version is available, the latest version should start downloading over Wifi when your AirPods is connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth.
Method 2: Switch the microphone settings to automatic
Maybe you have set a single microphone to use Always. The left/right earbud will be used only as the microphone resulting in more battery usage. If you have done so, you need to change it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Bluetooth settings, scroll down and find your AirPods from the list of paired devices.
- Tap the ‘i’ button next to the AirPods’ name. You will find some settings.
- If your AirPods always use the right/left as the microphone, set it to switch automatically.
Method 3: Replace the AirPods battery
Sometimes, your AirPods battery may be damaged. You may also get a faulty AirPod though the chance of it is slim. Here’s what you can do.
You can take your AirPods to the nearby Apple store. The support workers will tell you if you need a replacement or not. Replacement batteries don’t cost much. If you have warranty, you can get the battery replaced free of cost. However, there are some conditions. You can contact Apple Support for further information.
You can also check our article, My Dogs chewed my Airpods/Airpods Pro.
Some tips to make the AirPods battery last longer
Your AirPods are precious. They will last longer if you take care of them properly. Here are a few tips.
- Don’t soak them in water.
- Don’t keep them lying anywhere.
- You should also refrain from keeping the charging case plugged in always. It reduces battery life.
We believe you have found this article useful. We compiled all the possible methods of fixing the issue. One of the methods will surely fix the issue for you. Thanks for reading. You can contact us anytime. We’re just a mail away.