Apple launched AirPods to introduce a hassle-free wireless listening experience. AirPods are free from wires like regular earphones and headphones. Hence, the AirPods user needs to connect them with their designated Apple device through the AirPods’ charging case. If you disconnect the AirPods and forget the Apple device, the AirPods won’t be discovered by the device. However, the user can reconnect the AirPods by following a few simple steps- by utilizing the device’s settings and AirPod case.
7 Steps to Connect AirPods after forgetting the device
To troubleshoot the reconnection problem of AirPods, you have to either reset it according to your Apple device. The settings vary from device to device (iPad, iPhone, MacBook, and iPod). In the case of forgetting the Apple device and disconnection, AirPods can be reconnected after following these seven steps:
- For iPhone and iPad, ensure the devices have the latest operating system of iOS and iPadOS (iOS and iPadOS 15.2) installed. MacBook (macOS Big Sur and macOS Catalina) should have the newest version of the macOS. Click the Apple logo in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and select About This Mac to see what software is presently operating on your Mac or to update your Mac software. To find the software version installed on your iPad or iPhone, go to Settings > General, then tap About.
- Place both of the AirPods inside the charging case. Ensure they are charging. If you have your AirPods in your case and the lid is open, the light indicates the charge status of your AirPods.
- Go to your Apple device’s setting and turn on the Bluetooth. If you are trying to connect with a Mac-select Apple Menu, go for the system preference and turn on the Bluetooth. Put your AirPods on Bluetooth pairing mode.
- If the device connects with the AirPods, select them as your audio device. Your Mac may be linked to a different output device at times, making it appear that your AirPods are not connecting to your Mac. The solution may be as simple as selecting your AirPods from the list of output devices on your Mac. Considering the steps mentioned above didn’t connect your AirPods with your device, follow the next steps.
- Close the lid for 15 seconds, then open it. For up to 10 seconds, press and hold the setup button on the charging case. The status light should flash white, indicating that your AirPods are ready for pairing.
- Move the charging case next to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, with your AirPods inside, whereas the lid should remain open.
- Carefully follow the instructions shown on your Apple device. If the AirPods stay disconnected, reset the AirPods.
Apple revolutionized the audio experience of its consumers with wireless AirPods. Even though reconnecting the AirPods might seem challenging, the instructions are easy to follow. This problem can be solved within minutes with the updated operating system and proper charging case.